About Computer Center
- Presently, the Computer Centre (CC) of IISER Berhampur provides an institute wide fiber network that connects all the academic, hostels, administrative buildings to the Computer Centre.
- Internet access is provided by 50 Mbps (1:1) dedicated Internet leased circuit through one Internet service providers.
- The Institute has newly installed advance servers of 2 X 12 core intel Xeon processor E5-2650 @ 2.2 GHz with 30 MB L3 Cache, IQI 6.40 GT/s, 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, hot plug SAS Hard Disk for running our own internal/external DNS, centralized authentication mechanism using LDAP, storage services for each user of IISER Berhampur and personal homepage hosting services for academic staff.
- Digital Library services with appropriate networking system is being provided access to online library services to various databases with downloading facilities from institute network.
- The Institute is in the process to provide VPN facility to all the users of IISER Berhampur to access digital library, as well as the Institute network from remote location.
- With the help of Google, the Institute Computer Centre provides email facility with 30 GB content storage space for each user of IISER Berhampur.
- There is a Computer Lab for UG, PG and PhD students based on Linux/Windows platform and with all major public domain application softwares.
- The Computer Centre is well equipped to operate 24 hours a day, 365 days in a year.
- It has a power back-up through redundant 36 KVA UPS and a 500 KVA automatic generator set.
- CC is in the process of laying the gigabit fiber optic backbone that connects all the Academic Departments, Hostels, Central Library, and Administrative Departments to it with 3-tier Cisco managed architecture.
- Internet and Email services has been provided to all the users through dedicated 100/1000 Mbps network links. All the buildings of the Institute is enabled with Wi-Fi.